Monday, December 10, 2007

BLAST from the Past!!

I thought today was just another normal day for me. I went to church, sent off my brother back to KL, and went to Jusco twice (first time with Ronald, and 2 hours later with my cousins). Pretty boring hoh? The only thing that made my day wonderful is that I managed to buy a few things that I wanted for long. Don't want to bore you further with what I have bought lah...

So, a Blast from the Past??!! It happened like this.

I was so happy to see Chui San popped online in my MSN Messenger.
It's been ages since I see her online and chat with her. So far only managed to see how she's doing through her blog. If you have time and need some elements to laugh out, please go to Chui San's blogs (in my Associate Bloggers link). It's crappy (good craps in fact), funny and I must say, it's down to earth and impressive as well *whistle*. Chui San, if you are reading this, kindly feedback to me lah (DUH).

While chatting with Chui San, we discussed about how stupid that we could not meet up in UK while I was there for my summer degree programme and San San being there for her pharmacy studies. Really a waste and a slipped chance for not being able to meet up in UK!! Actually it was kinda hard for us to meet face to face as I was in UK from June to mid October 2007 whereas San San only reached UK around end of September or early October... rite? Somemore she was in Nottingham and I was in Sheffield (later on I went to London and Manchester for vacation before returning to Malaysia). Therefore it is indeed hard for us to arrange a meet up lah.

(so boring lah, where's the Blast from The Past story??????)

Ok Ok, here comes the main topic. I asked Chui San whether she's still in contact with Sheter, a Hong Kong friend that we know during a student exchange programme in Korea during summer 2001. Then she said, 'Hah, no woh, din contact her for so long already la'. Then I was upset, because I remembered I told her through Friendster msg that Sheter is in UK for studies. I continued to nag her that she's so busy with her UK life and her blogs. She then complained about her stupid essay works that she have to rush and also the cheap and slow internet connection. So I finally said, "Hey, you know what, Sheter is online now in MSN, I send you her MSN contact la". Sheter was indeed online in MSN and Chui San asked me to connect her into our conservation window. And then, we had a simple and great 'reunion' in MSN chats.

Here are some parts of our conversation history logs between me, Sheter and Chui San.

Leyi : hahaa... anyway... hav you contact with Sheter?
San : i din keep in touch with her for a long time already
Leyi : she's online now by the way...!!
San : ohoh add her into the conversation

(then Sheter enter into our conversation)

San : hello!!! do u or do u not remember me?
Sheter : aee??? why do u add me again (she's still blur why I add her into other conversation window)
Leyi : Hey there Sheter... still remember Sanny??!!
Sheter : EHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SANNY!!! of course i remember you!! how can i forget!
Sheter : how are you :D.. let me add you to my list ! you have been disappeared
Leyi : San San... you there??
Sheter : seems she's out
San : oh hi hi... sorry.... I AM HEREEEEE
San : sorry... was discussing about my stupid essay with a friend T.T
Sheter : dun hide
San : babe!! how are u! i am so happy to be able to talk to u again

(somewhere in the middle of conversation.....)

Leyi : Sanny is in Nottingham....
Sheter : WHAT? you(San) are in nottingham???
San : YEA... me in nottingham!
Sheter : ME TOO!!!!
San: u r in nottingham!??
Sheter: how can i not knew that!
San : not in london meh? (asking Sheter)
Leyi : both IN NOttingHam???
San : ARE U SERIOUS?
Sheter : i go to nottingham trent! (Sheter studies there)
San : leyi! u told me she is in london!
Leyi : YOU BOTH really some practical jokes....
San : trent! that's alright, not that far
Sheter : i was in london for the summer :D
San : aiyuyu... this leyi ah... beat u
Leyi : I think I got it wrong... SORRY... SORRY...
Sheter : o my god!! we have to meet !! :D

(and the 'reunion' continues...)

If this conversation happened in a real face-to-face, real time real place meeting, we would have shout out loud like kena lottery or jackpot and embraced each other like never before. This is what I thought as a BLAST from the Past. We have not chat with each other for like 6 years since 2001. It's really great to get back to each other again. Now this is what I call a not so normal and less ordinary day of my life... *smile*

1 comment:

piggy said...

=)))))) u wrote about me! so niceeeee. yala, been so many years since we last talked to each other properly. so lucky that sheter is here in nottingham. what a small world omg. we can make our own tv drama lor

awww, i am glad that u like my blog. so sweet of u to compliment me like that =D

when did u start blogging? never told me!