Thursday, November 19, 2009

Are you a healthy human?

Today is my company's health campaign day 2. Day 1 was all good and with a bunch of free health check and assessment. So since it's free, for I'm a economical person (a.k.a. poor sial fella), I went for all the free tests lol. Got BMI test, blood pressure test, and step test (a type of fitness test apparently, need to step up and down for 3 mins non stop). The eye test doctor went off earlier due to some assignments call, so we all missed it loh hahaha. All these tests results are captured in a same form, to reflect our overall health level and fitness status. So, me and colleagues, with batted breath (so drama like waiting for lottery result like tat hahaa), we watch the health consultant pen down our ratings and squint over the overall results before crossing on the 'Health status: Excellent, Above Average, Average, Below Average, Poor, Very Poor' columns.

When it's my turn to get FREE consultations from the health consultant, she crossed on the column 'Excellent'. Yay I'm actually still ok even though I have left college for a few years already. Since I left college, I have not been exercising well and no longer swim frequently. So the health consultant (apparently a Caucasian lady) asked me in a very Brit tone

"So do you exercise?"
"Ermm, yeah but not so really frequent, some simple exercises and sometimes swimming..."
"Oh..." (look at my 'assessment' form again) "So when you go for swimming, do you swim long?"
"Ermmm (wah how can she tell I swim long when I go to swimming pool) About an hour if I go for swim..."
"Ohh, alright, then maybe you should consider adjusting your exercise pattern, instead of swim for one hour per session, make it half an hour, but to replace with more frequent sessions, let's say 2 times per week."
"Ouhhhhhh, hmm, I see I see, I will try to practice that."
"That's good. Oh great, you are the number 1 for the day by the way, as the healthiest person, but you don't get a prize for that, hahahahaha"

*sweat* but ok lah good some positive compliments from a health consultant hahaha... Really not bad woh, really some assessments and consultations for FREE lol

who don't like free stuffs hahahaha =)

1 comment:

kienjean said...

我认识你这么久都好像没听说你生病的感觉,还不错啦!那天毕业典礼的时候看到你的气色OK啊!