Thursday, January 10, 2008

PwC 1st Experience @ Avilion, Port Dickson

On the 2nd day of 2008, I resumed my life chapter with Pricewaterhouse Coopers, one of the big four firms (don't understand my French? in simple words, it's one of the big big multinational companies *ehem ehem*). Previously I did my internship with PwC in year 2006. So here I am, back again.

As fresh graduates, PwC sent me along with 3 buses of new joiners for an off site training in Avilion, Port Dickson. Avilion is well known for it's romantic and cozy water chalets. Too bad I'm not sharing such a 'romantic getaway' trip with someone special T_T


But I'm so happy to meet my SHU mates!! Kenneth, Jessie, Celine, Lip Sy, Pao Phing, June Ann and Poh Ying, hambalang were there!!

Upon arriving PD, we were given a set of training kits. Mostly are coloured in orange, including our T-Shirts, pencil case, etc. Coincidently, my handphone ornament (hanging from my pocket) and my W800i handphone also orange coloured. Damn matching right?


New found friends : Gerald and Imran. They were seated in our dinner table in Admiral Marina & Leisure Club.

After a long day of indoor and outdoor induction with team building activities, we were rewarded with a special dinner treat. We did not dine in Avillion ladies and gentlemen. We were 'chauffeured' to Admiral Marina & Leisure Club to have our dinner. The food was deliciously and yummily served. We had a wide array of barbeque buffet choices, exotic local Malaysian food and delights, as well as a whole lot of delicately prepared Western desserts. The theme of the dinner venue was once again, romantic. It was an open dinning area located next to a marina port with soothing sea ambience, dim lighting, plus some 'matching' music playing at the background. Why PwC 1st Experience want us to feel so romantic wan?


More new found friends : Ivan and Vincent.

After a hearty and awesome dinner, we started to feel bored and decided to do rooms hopping. I was allocated to stay in Garden Villa. Noticed the ambience of the pictures? Yeap, it is romantically themed as well (gee, maybe PwC wants to boost up our sense of romance to prepare for work?)



In Water Villa (Jessie's room). Met Jessie's roommate Jia Wen and her friends. The Water Villa is lagi romantic than Garden Villa. The bathroom itself is spacious and the shower area is open aired!

So how was the training overall? Other than a tad too romantically themed (unintentionally of course), the induction was pretty good. Two thumbs up to the organiser!!

No comments: